IONIC Excel-X Raft
IONIC Excel-X Raft
The IONIC Excel-X Raft is currently used by many organisations in evacuations and rescues. The raft is designed to accommodate 10 persons, and the open back design allows wheelchair access if required. The large deck area is suited to operations where multiple casualties are being rescued. Like all other rafts it can be paddled towed or most commonly walked through flood water for the evacuation of casualties.
Manufactured in Orca® Hypalon the raft delivers unrivalled durability compared to PVC constructed models. It boasts an Orca® 6” Drop Thread Deck which inflates to 6psi providing a stable platform. The raft is constructed using 4 chambers for the sponsons and a separate chamber for the floor ensuring that if a puncture occurred the raft would remain buoyant.
The raft is fitted with an external lifeline, and six tethering points located around the sponsons with a further point on the underside of the floor for when towing is required.
The Raft is rated for inflation using a compressed air cylinder fitted with the IONIC Compact Inflation Kit which is recommended for rapid inflation and quick deployment.
• Maximum number of persons 10
• Maximun payload 1200kg
Dimensions / Weight
• Overall Length 3.2m
• Overall Width 2.2m
• Deck Length 2.8m
• Deck Width 1.8m
• Packed Weight 40kg
• Number of chambers in Sponsons 4
• Inflatable high pressure Deck 1
• Total Airtight chambers 5
• Sponson working pressure 3 psi
• Deck working pressure 6 psi
Towing / Tethering Points
• Bow D-Ring Patches
• Stern D-Ring Patches
Sponsons & Deck
• 150mm (6”) High pressure Deck
• 200mm (8”) diameter Hypalon Sponsons
• Sponsons consist of 4 air tight chambers
• Rapid inflation points on Sponsons & Deck
• PRV’s fitted to Sponsons & Deck
• Sponsons - ORCA Hypalon
• Keel - ORCA Hypalon
• Deck - ORCA Hypalon double skin drop thread